By the prof
Causes and symptoms of throat disorders
The most characteristic symptoms of acute pharyngitis are localized pain, inflammation at the level of the cervical lymph nodes, increase in body temperature, difficulty and pain in swallowing, redness, congestion of the pharyngeal mucosa and sometimes inflamed and enlarged tonsils.
In chronic pharyngitis in addition to local pain there is a lowering of the voice, a mild but persistent fever, frequent need to swallow and to scrape the throat with frequent coughing. In many cases, the chronic form may initially be free of symptoms.
Only later do cough appear and constant desire to scrape the throat especially in the morning hours, upon awakening, due to the mucus that is deposited during the night.
How to interpret the symptoms
According to a psychosomatic interpretation, pharyngitis is an expression of a conflict caused by "fiery" words that were meant to be expressed, but were withheld.
It represents unexpressed anger, blocked creativity, stubborn obstinacy, communication difficulties, difficulty communicating to support oneself, difficulties or refusal to accept.
The individual would like to speak but the words are held in the throat and cannot express themselves freely and completely. He fears being judged and not understood and a fearful reaction is triggered, fear of facing the judgment of others with courage and responsibility. Other times, on the other hand, you can experience the feeling of having spoken too much and inappropriately.
Discover the remedies for sore throats of children
Homeopathic remedies for throat disorders
- Aconitum napellus 30CH : sudden throat pain after exposure to air or cold and dry wind; characterized by a painful and reddened throat, warm, with a burning sensation. Administer within the first 24 hours after the onset of symptoms. Anxious and restless. Dried and swollen tonsils. Feeling of suffocation during swallowing.
- Apis mellifica 30CH : swelling located on the right side. Pungent pain with strong burning. Swollen and reddened tonsils. The pain gets worse by swallowing solid, acidic or hot foods. Pain instead improves with cool and cold drinks. Poor desire to drink.
- Belladonna 30CH : sore throat with sudden onset, throat reddened and swollen with a strong burning sensation. Typically, pulsating pain is located on the right side. Swallowing is extremely painful: he wants to swallow but has the feeling of suffocating. Desire for cold and iced drinks, especially sour (lemon and citrus).
- Hepar sulphuricum 30CH : sensitive and painful throat accompanied by the sensation of having a thorn or fishbone in the throat. Cervical glands and tonsils can be swollen and painful. Pungent pain radiates to the ear during swallowing.
- Lachesis 30CH mutation : throat pain located on the left side that tends to become more and more intense or that moves to the right side. The pain becomes unbearable during the swallowing of the saliva. Pain is constrictive. The subject complains of constriction in the throat and sensitivity to the slightest pressure (scarf, shirt collar, etc.). During a sore throat he craves alcohol.
- Lycopodium 30CH : the sensation of pain in the throat is usually located on the right side and radiates to the left side. He feels a sensation of constriction in his throat which leads him to swallow frequently.
- Phytolocca 30CH : this remedy is often confused with Belladonna due to the similarity of the symptomatic manifestation. In the sore throat typical of Phytolacca the throat appears swollen and reddened with a pain that extends to the ear during swallowing (like Belladonna). In Phytolacca the subject complains of a sensation of a knot or a hot ball in the throat that moves along the trachea during swallowing and hinders the passage of air and food.
The contents of the following cards should not be used as a substitute for any medical therapy, but only as a support. If the disorder persists, consult a professional homeopath. Self-medication is advisable only in mild acute cases.
Dosages and recommended dosages should not be abused. Stop taking the homeopathic medicine at the first sign of improvement
Recommended dosage: 30 CH in granules, 1 sublingual granule every 10 minutes for a one-hour cycle. If necessary 1 granule 3 times a day in the 2-3 days following the first intake.
Protect yourself from sore throat and cough with natural remedies
Sore throat, the cold does not exist