Turmeric oleolite is a vegetable oil prepared with turmeric in polevere and widely used in natural cosmetics. Useful against wrinkles and dandruff, turmeric oleolite is a valid ally even in the case of cracked skin and dermatitis. Let's find out better.
Turmeric, a treasure for the body
Turmeric is a real treasure for the health of the body : at least two teaspoons of turmeric a day help you feel good both inside and out.
Yes, because turmeric can be used both in the kitchen to flavor dishes, such as risottos, main courses, vegetables, and to make cosmetic products for the skin and hair, especially appreciated for their antioxidant properties, or natural care products like turmeric mother tincture.
In addition, the oleolito is a special macerate which, thanks to the vegetable oil, extracts all the precious liposoluble principles of the drug and can be used effiicically in different ways.
When we talk about turmeric oleolite we also speak of a product that can be easily made at home with only two ingredients and a few tools available. Let's see how to prepare it, how to preserve it and what it is used for.
How to make turmeric oil
- half a liter of cold-pressed sesame oil,
- three tablespoons full of turmeric powder.
Procedure : pour the sesame oil into an airtight glass jar, previously cleaned and disinfected with 95 ° alcohol, add the turmeric powder and mix well. Leave to macerate for a week, shaking the jar from time to time, at least once a day. Once a week has passed, decant the oleolite thus obtained, without shaking it further, into a dark glass bottle, without moving the turmeric that has settled on the bottom.
To preserve the oleolite the best way is first of all to use tools and instruments that are well dry and clean. Secondly, care must be taken that water does not form in the oil, eliminating any presence of it; in this case it should not be formed, since the turmeric is dried, not fresh. If desired, add a couple of drops of the preferred essential oil to the preparation. The bottle is kept in the dark for about six to twelve months. Instead of sesame oil, also ideal for massages and mild for the skin, you can try using olive oil or rice oil.
Turmeric in Ayurvedic medicine and Western medicine
Use of turmeric oleolite
- As an anti-wrinkle product, it is used a few drops in the evening and in the morning, gently massaging the skin of the face and neck. It can also be used in combination with natural beeswax and rose distilled water to make a delicious nourishing balm.
- As a dandruff wrap or to make your hair stronger, just put a teaspoon of turmeric oil in 200 ml of mild natural shampoo, without parabens or silicones, and a couple of drops of tea tree oil, massage and rinse.
- To regulate excess sebum on the skin, therefore as a sebum-regulating, purifying and anti-blackhead mask . The ideal recipe consists of a teaspoon of turmeric oil, 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder, 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil, two tablespoons of chickpea flour or ventilated green clay. In a bowl mix all the ingredients, adding a little water so as to obtain a paste. Apply to the moistened skin of the face or areas to be treated slightly and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rub well with both hands on the skin, applying light pressure and remove the wipe by rinsing with cold water.
- In case of chapped skin, dermatitis or itching thanks to its soothing properties. In this case, just add a few drops of turmeric oil to a carrier oil, such as sweet almond oil, and massage the area to be treated for a long time until it is completely absorbed.
Curiosity : turmeric is the real beauty secret of Indian women is turmeric: at home they produce a kind of turmeric based paste to spread on the skin to keep it young and healthy and to protect it from sunlight. Women in India also use it to delay hair regrowth!