Gynecological problems are widespread and due to multiple causes: stress, fatigue, lowered immune defenses, nutrition, hormonal changes, infections with unprotected sexual intercourse, antibiotics .
It is important to accurately diagnose the symptoms from the trusted gynecologist to activate proper prophylaxis with specific medications. In general we hear about vaginitis or candida and it often happens that we perform self-diagnosis based on common symptoms such as vaginal discharge, burning, itching.
Let's see then to clarify these two terms and remember that in any case it must be a specialist to tell us the correct medicines.
Vaginitis or vaginitis?
Yes, in common usage we tend to simplify and enclose in a term only pathologies that instead have different characteristics by origin and consequently also by type of treatment and "vaginitis" is one of those cases, because in reality there are various types.
First of all, from the suffix of the term it is easy to understand that it is an inflammation of the vagina : the most common symptoms are burning, itching, sometimes with whitish leakage from the acrid smell.
But how many types of vaginitis exist?
- Non-infectious vaginitis : it is an inflammation without bacterial formations, due to the use of detergent products with too aggressive pH. A form of non-infectious vaginitis can also occur after menopause, with estrogenic fall and consequent vaginal dryness .
- Bacterial vaginitis : it is an alteration of the bacterial flora of the vaginal mucus, which sees the prevalence of pathogenic microorganisms on the local lactobacilli. The cause is generally to be repented in promiscuous unprotected sex .
- Parasitic vaginitis: it is a very serious form of vaginitis that should not be underestimated, sexually transmitted, caused by Trichomonas Vaginalis . This parasitosis can extend from the vagina to the uterus and also reach the urinary tract.
We can therefore basically come to the conclusion that except for hormonal circumstances, vaginitis is an inflammation that can generate from various exogenous and environmental factors, often due to unprotected relationships, it can become a serious pathology and to cure it an accurate diagnosis must be carried out with exams of laboratory.
Candidiasis: symptoms, causes and treatment
Vaginal candidiasis is a vaginitis of a fungal nature that attacks the mucous membranes, the fungus is the Candida of which there are about 150 species: the most common is Candida Albicans .
The symptoms are itching, pain, redness, loss, burning during urination . Our body in various districts as in the vaginal flora hosts this micro-organism in the form of yeast and when it has no pathogenic behavior it is called " commensal ", that is it is hosted by the organism without causing neither damage nor benefits.
However, when our body is subjected to pathological situations of a physical but also psychic nature, which creates an immunosuppressed environment, a weakening of the immune system, the diner turns into an " opportunistic " microorganism, proliferates and becomes a pathogenic presence.
The candida therefore can colonize not only the vagina, but also the rectal area, the gastrointestinal tract, the skin, the mucosa of the oral cavity, and through the blood reach vital organs .
When we are in the presence of Candida or Candidosis it is good to treat not only the specific symptom but to face a treatment based on medicines and natural remedies that stimulate the immune response, strengthening the body to also trigger self-healing. It can often happen to develop Candida after an antibiotic treatment.
We can therefore summarize that the candidiasis is a manifestation by an endogenous yeast that in particular circumstances, due to a lowering of the immune defenses, turns into a pathogenic fungus and mainly colonizes the mucous membranes.
Natural remedies for Candidiasis
As already underlined, it is important that the diagnosis be carried out with laboratory tests and the treatment with specific medicinal drugs by a specialist is prescribed.
We can however associate some natural remedies that will also act as a preventive cure to avoid the recurrence of the problem.
- Grapefruit seed extract: a natural antibiotic with a powerful antibacterial effect to be taken on a full stomach. Useful to counter helicobacter pylori, escherichia coli, candida albicans, is indicated in cases of cystitis, candida, infections of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Probiotics: we take probiotics to feed the intestinal bacterial flora and stimulate the immune system. These remedies will help our body to strengthen and counteract the pathogenic presence. They are indispensable if we have been treated with antibiotics and have to become a "friend" supplement to be taken during the seasonal changes. We prefer probiiotics to spores that arrive unaltered in our intestines and develop more than 10 billion good bacteria for our health.