Conjunctivitis is one of the most frequent diseases of the eye, it can be caused by viral or bacterial infections .
The components that can trigger this inflammation can be the use of contact lenses, wind, colds, measles or spring allergens, such as pollens, grasses, fine dusts.
The mucous membranes become irritated, cause excessive tearing, itching and sometimes even pain.
What is the conjunctiva?
The conjunctiva is a thin mucous membrane that lines the anterior surface of the eye and the inner eyelid area.
Can we prevent conjunctivitis?
Our well-being mainly derives from a healthy and correct diet . Every food with its vitamin, mineral, energy and protein content works to maintain our physical and mental well-being.
With which foods can conjunctivitis be prevented?
It can be prevented with the help of fruits and vegetables, grapes, blackberries, apricots, plums, blueberries, citrus fruits, kiwi, medlar, watermelon, melon, carrots, cabbage, lettuce, peppers, broccoli, parsley, oil seeds, cereals that contain bioflavonoids ( vitamin C, vitamin P ) and beta-carotene (which metabolized produces vitamin A ) which serve to protect the capillaries, increase the immune system, and vitamin E which acts as an antioxidant.
In conjunctivitis caused by allergies it is best to avoid certain foods such as milk and derivatives, strawberries, wheat flour, wildflower honey, tomatoes, kiwi, peppers, aubergines.
With which natural products can you recover from conjunctivitis?
1) Aloe vera is a very simple product to use, it is enough to wet a sterile garzina with Aloe juice and apply it on the eyes for 15 minutes, repeat the treatment twice a day.
2) Honey (origin is recommended) has antibacterial properties. Put 2 tablespoons of honey in 250 ml of water and boil until the honey is well dissolved, let it cool, and you can make compresses with sterile garzine or just wash the eyes. Those suffering from pollen or grass allergy are better off avoiding that of millefiori.
3) Euphrasia officinale is widely used in homeopathy. Boil 150 ml of water and pour 3 tablespoons of dried Euphrasia or in sachet and leave to infuse for about 10 minutes, when it is cold wet the sterile garzine and apply on the eye for about 15 minutes, very useful even in case of stye. Or 20 drops of TM of Ephfrasia in a cup of boiling water let cool and soak the garzine and apply them on the eyes for about 10 minutes
4) another product that everyone knows is Camomile and is present more or less in all the houses, so it is very useful if you have nothing else at hand and still have excellent results. Boil 250 ml of water and boil add a tablespoon of chamomile. In the absence of the dissolved dried one it is possible to use a sachet and leave it to soak for about 10 minutes, wait for it to cool and wet sterile garzine and make compresses or wash the eyes several times a day
5) Bach flowers also meet us for the solution of inflammation to the conjunctivae. We put 5 drops of crabbe apple + 5 drops of beech + 5 drops of vervain + 5 drops of Star of Bethlehem in a cup of previously boiled water we soak the sterile garzine and apply it on the eyes even 20 minutes 3 times a day.