How to make healthy energy drinks
Energy drinks are those that, consumed halfway between a snack or a meal and training or the race, or about an hour before them, provide the body with the right amount of sugar to support the athlete and the sportsman also on a psychological level, not only from a physical point of view.
Anxiety and stress can in fact lower the blood sugar level and make physical performance heavier and less effective. For the "waiting ration", fruit and vegetable juices, juices and juices are ideal allies . Particularly indicated among the vegetables are: carrots, beets, cabbage, lettuce, celery, fennel, parsley, cucumber, for example.
While among the fruit we remember: orange, lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, pears and apples . The tonic action, effective thanks to the action of trace elements and vitamins, combines with the remineralizing action, using precisely mineral salts.
Here you will find diets suitable for sportsmen
6 energy drink recipes
- Citrus mix : oranges, about three, to be squeezed with a grapefruit. Or half a lemon, two oranges and three mandarins. Pure Vitamin C!
- Apple centrifuges : two apples in the centrifuge, an orange and two pressed tangerines . If you want you can substitute mandarin with grapefruit. Apple, orange and lemon; apple and lemon; mandarin and apple are other great combinations. Sodium, potassium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, B vitamins, the apple is rich in it and its invigorating action is strengthened by the support of the vitamin C of citrus fruits.
- Fishing spinning : with the arrival of summer, many peaches will arrive, fantastic supplements. An excellent centrifuged is made with two peaches, two grapefruits and a couple of apricots. Ideal for athletes because it is rich in water (85-90%) and simple sugars, vitamin C and carotenoids.
- Strawberry drink : strawberries, about five, two apples and half a lemon, useful for a sprint of energy. Strawberries contain iron, phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A, B1, B2 and C, they are low in calories, rich in fiber.
- Centrifuge with vegetables : a classic is to spin together three carrots and two apples. Other interesting mixes from the nutritional point of view are: carrot, orange, grapefruit and carrot, apple, celery (two apples, two carrots and a couple of celery sticks); fennel, celery and grapefruit; spinach, lettuce, red radicchio and lemon, highly mineralizing; fennel and orange; carrots, cucumber and celery.
- Beetroot Centrifuge : the combination of carrot and beetroot juice provides a good percentage of phosphorus, sulfur and potassium. Great mix includes three carrots, three stalks of celery, a small beet. You can also replace celery with apple.
These remineralizing beverages can be consumed even after physical activity, as an alternative to water or together with water, so as to replenish the fluids lost by sweating and lend a hand to the muscular and nervous system that have worked a lot.
Do you want a flat stomach? Try centrifuged to reduce centimeters!
Moderate physical activity does not require large foods to add when a balanced diet is already followed. However, if the sporting activity is practiced several hours after the main lunch, for example six hours, it is advisable, an hour before the exercise, to secure an energy reserve by taking a light snack . Ideal are:
- Fresh seasonal fruit ; bananas, rich in potassium; apples, invigorating; moisturizing peaches, just to name a few. Avoid mango, papaya or other exotic fruits, a little too heavy for the body
- A handful of dried fruit : walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, and sultanas
- Bread with jam or honey or dry biscuits and wholemeal rusks
- It is also a good habit to prepare DIY natural snacks, such as red fruit bars or peanut butter and oat muesli, to keep always with you. Following a very simple recipe, banana bar . On a plate, crush two bananas with a fork until they are creamy, add two handfuls of oat flakes, a tablespoon of coarsely ground dried dates or raisins, a mix of walnuts, hazelnuts, sesame, almond pine nuts until you reach a glass. like three tablespoons of coconut milk or half a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt. Mix everything together and pour the dough into a baking dish with the baking paper, mash it well with the help of a spoon to compact it as much as possible. Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes, cut the bars and let them rest in the oven for another five minutes until everything cools down.
Avoid elaborate and heavy foods, such as focaccia, pizza, sandwiches, cakes with creams. If you are out for work, organize yourself the day before, so as not to be unprepared for the appointment of important nourishment for the organism, and good training!